Chicken Parmesan Calzones
Chicken Parmesan Calzones–just 5 ingredients until you have all the flavors of chicken Parmesan, but in a hand held calzone on a weeknight!
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce, plus more for dipping
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese, shredded
- olive oil to brush the calzones
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from dinnersdishesanddesserts.com
Preheat oven to 425˚F.
In a bowl combine marinara sauce and the chicken. Mix until everything is well combined.
Divide the dough into 6 equal sized balls. Roll each in o a 6-inch circle.
Divide the chicken mixture evenly onto the 6 circles of dough. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and about 1/2 of the Parmesan cheese over the chicken. Make sure to leave about 1/2 inch border around the circle.
Fold the dough over the filling, and pinch the edges to seal. You can use a fork to press the edges together.
Slice 2 vents across the top of the calzones. Brush with olive oil, and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
Serve with additional marinara sauce for dipping, if desired
You'll also love
- Chicken Alfredo Baked Ziti 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- 1-Pan Chicken and Veggies 3.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Rotisserie Chicken Skillet 4/5 (18 Votes)
- Daisy Cakes Southern Pound Cake 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Pasta Salad With Chicken 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Cast-Iron Chicken Piccata 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Chicken Marsala via Cooks Country 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Chicken Parmesan Bundles 0/5 (0 Votes)