Cast-Iron Chicken Piccata
The best part of this chicken piccata is it only requires one dish to make, and we recommend a cast-iron skillet. It will heat more evenly than a nonstick pan, yielding a delicious cutlet that’s tender with crisp skin. Don’t forget to save the sauce to serve over pasta!
- 4 (5- to 6-oz.) chicken cutlets
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 6 tablespoons (3 oz.) salted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brined capers, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Hot cooked pasta
Cooking time 30mins
1. Place each chicken cutlet between two sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/4-inch thickness, using a rolling pin or flat side of a meat mallet. Stir together flour, salt, and pepper. Dip each cutlet in egg white, and dredge in flour mixture, shaking off excess.
2. Melt 2 tablespoons butter with 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high. Add 2 cutlets, and cook until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate. Wipe skillet clean, and repeat process with 2 tablespoons butter and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and remaining 2 cutlets. Discard drippings; do not wipe skillet clean.
3. Add broth, lemon juice, and capers to skillet. Bring to a boil over high, stirring and scraping bottom of skillet to loosen browned bits. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer, whisking occasionally, 5 minutes. Whisk in remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Whisk in parsley. Spoon sauce over chicken, and serve immediately with pasta.
You'll also love
- Dr. Pepper Drumsticks 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Chicken and Arugula Pasta Salad 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Chicken and Shrimp Lettuce Wraps 3.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Macaroni Salad from L&L Hawaiian... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Cajun Chicken Shrimp Broccoli... 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- Chicken Marsala via Cooks Country 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Keto Tuscan Chicken Meatballs 4.1/5 (8 Votes)