1-Pan Chicken and Veggies
Great weeknight meal, just throw everything in the pan and bake!
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 2 pounds small to medium red potatoes, quartered or small chunks
- 3 (14.5 oz) cans cut green beans, rinsed and drained well (or about 1 lb. fresh beans)
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 1 (1 oz) packet Ranch (or Italian) dressing mix (I used Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing and Seasoning Mix)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly spray the bottom of a 13x9" baking pan.
Cut the potatoes in quarters or small chunks. (Mine were small potatoes but should have been cut smaller than shown). Rinse and drain well in a colander.
Cut the chicken breasts in half and arrange down the center of the baking pan; season lightly with salt and pepper. Put the potatoes on one side of the chicken and the green beans on the other side. Season with a little salt and black pepper, if desired. (I used a little garlic salt on the green beans). Sprinkle the dry dressing mix over the top of everything. (I didn't use quite all of it). Drizzle top with the melted butter.
Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil and bake for about 1 hour, on until juice from chicken runs clear and potatoes are tender. (I had to cook mine about 20 minutes longer because the potatoes weren't quite tender). If desired, lightly brush top with melted butter (or use cooking spray as I did) and high Broil for a few minutes to lightly crisp the top (as shown).