Rotisserie Chicken Skillet
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken, or 3 1/2 cups cooked chicken meat
- 1/2 cup orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 2 cups carrots cut on the bias
- 1 cup onion cut into thick strips
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Adapted from afamilyfeast.com
Pick the meat from the cooked chicken and roughly cut up and set aside.
In a large dry skillet pan over medium high cook orzo until lightly browned; about 3 minutes stirring frequently.
Remove browned orzo to a bowl and add oil to hot pan.
Add carrots and onion and sauté for 4 minutes.
Add orzo back in along with stock, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cover and reduce heat to a medium simmer and simmer to cook the orzo, about 8-10 minutes.
Uncover and add parsley, peas, and cream along with cooked chicken.
Increase heat and cook just to bring the dish to temperature and incorporate the ingredients.
Serve with additional grated Parmesan.