Spinach, Cheese, and Bacon Bread Puddings
- 8 ounces multigrain bread, cut into 3/4-in. cubes (about 6 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 center-cut bacon slices, chopped
- 8 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 3/4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 1/2 ounces fontina cheese, grated and divided (about 2/3 cup)
- Cooking spray
Adapted from cookinglight.com
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Arrange bread cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 400°F for 7 minutes or until toasted.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add onion, garlic, and bacon; cook 8 minutes or until bacon is crisp, stirring occasionally. Add spinach; cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring until wilted. Place spinach mixture in a bowl.
Add milk, stock, eggs, and 1/3 cup cheese to spinach mixture, stirring to combine. Add bread; toss to coat. Divide bread mixture evenly among 4 (7-ounce) ramekins coated with cooking spray. Place ramekins on a baking sheet; top evenly with remaining 1/3 cup cheese. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until browned. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Basil Tortellini Soup 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Lemon Chicken & Spaghetti Squash 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Paleo TOMATO PIE WITH ALMOND FLOUR... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Orecchiette with Caramelized... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Herb-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin with Apple Cider... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pasta w/Onion, Spinach, Radicchio... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Poached Eggs with Spinach -... 5/5 (1 Votes)