Pork Tenderloin with Apple Cider Sauce
- For the Pork:
- Sage leaves (optional)
- 1 1/4 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- For the Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup minced onions
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 sprig fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Pink Lady apple, diced, tossed with 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Preheat oven to 450 F.
Place pieces of fresh sage around tenderloin and tie with string to keep in place. Sear tenderloin in oil on all sides, 5–6 minutes; transfer to a baking sheet. Roast tenderloin until
an instant-read thermometer inserted into center registers 145°, 15–20 minutes. Transfer tenderloin to a plate, tent with foil, and let rest 10 minutes; slice into 12 pieces.
For the Sauce:
Melt butter in same sauté pan over medium heat. Add onions; cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Deglaze pan with cider and broth, scraping up any brown bits. Add sage sprig, bring sauce to a boil, then reduce by half, 5 minutes.
Whisk together cornstarch and vinegar, whisk into boiling sauce, and cook until thickened,
1 minute. Strain sauce through a sieve, discarding solids, then add minced sage and season sauce with salt and pepper. Whisk any residual juices from the tenderloin into the sauce.
Serve tenderloin with sauce and top with diced apple.
You'll also love
- Pasta w/Onion, Spinach, Radicchio... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- CREAM OF BROCCOLI SOUP 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Watermelon Ancho Chile Salsa 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Summer Salad with Lemon Thyme... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Meatloaf Barbecue Bacon Cheese... 4.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Bacon and Cheese Quiche 4.8/5 (16 Votes)
- Apple Cake 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Sauteed Pork Tenderloin Medallions... 4/5 (2 Votes)