Homemade Blueberry Compound Butter
Butter is made better in this easy stand mixer, homemade compound butter recipe filled with fresh blueberries, lavender and sweet honey.
- BLUEBERRY LAVENDER HONEY BUTTER:
- 1 quart cold heavy cream
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lavender, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- SALTED BUTTER:
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Adapted from runningtothekitchen.com
Place the heavy cream in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment.
If you have a splash guard , place it on the bowl and cover the opening with plastic wrap. If you don't, you'll want to cover from the top of the bowl to the upper part of the mixer with plastic wrap.
Whisk on medium-high for about 15 minutes. You'll see soft peaks, then whipped cream, then eventually after 10 to 13 minutes, the cream should start to break down, turn yellow and separate from the buttermilk. The butter is ready when there is a substantial amount of liquid (buttermilk) in the bowl and the butter pieces have started to come together.
Drain the contents of the bowl in a colander. Press the butter into the colander to get rid of any excess buttermilk.
Form the butter into a ball with your hands and rinse off with cold water to get rid of any buttermilk on the exterior of the butter.
Split the butter in two even chunks and place in separate bowls.
For the salted butter, add the desired amount of salt and work into the butter with either your hands or a fork until combined. Roll the butter into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap to store.
For the blueberry lavender honey butter, add all the ingredients to the bowl with the butter and mash together with a fork until well incorporated. Roll the butter into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap to store.
You'll also love
- Midnight Pasta 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Coconut Banana Crunch Muffins 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Southern Style Creamed Corn 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Steamed Pork Belly Dumplings with... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Citrus Mashed Plantains 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Best Ever Strawberry Rhubarb Pie 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Zucchini... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Cranberry Chutney Relish 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
Review this recipe