Using a few basic staple pantry items this wonderful feast of midnight pasta can be made. Use bacon or capers if you don't have any anchovies or would like to substitute.
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 8 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 4 ounces white anchovies, minced
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup homemade breadcrumbs (3-4 slices of day-old white bread)
- 3/4 cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium-high heat. Season with salt. Add the spaghetti to the water and stir occasionally. Cook 1 minute less than the package instructions. Drain and reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
Place a saute pan over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the breadcrumbs and toast until golden and crispy. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Preheat a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add 6 tablespoons of olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, anchovies, and lemon zest and cook, stirring occasionally for 4-5 minutes, until melted and aromatic.
Increase the heat to medium-high and add the pasta water. Stir vigorously, and add the pasta, tossing to coat the spaghetti. Remove from heat and add the lemon juice. Garnish with breadcrumbs and mint.
HOMEMADE BREAD CRUMBS:
Place stale bread in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped. If you have no stale bread, toast your bread before placing in the food processor.
Tip: Perfect recipe to use with pantry ingredients or leftovers! Use bacon or capers if you don't have any anchovies or would like to substitute.
You'll also love
- Coconut Banana Crunch Muffins 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Holiday Cookie Fudge 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Southern Style Creamed Corn 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Tomato Macaroni Cheese Bake 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Baked 2-Cheese & Bacon Grits 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Cauliflower Feta Meatballs and... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Tortellini al Forno, Olive Garden... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)