Apple, Brie, and Arugula Panini
Peppery arugula is matched with sweet apple, lovely Brie cheese and a drizzle of honey in this unique panini sandwich. Don't have a panini maker? No worries, you can grill in a pan.
- 1 loaf rosemary bread, or Ciabatta cut into 8 slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 ounces Brie cheese, sliced into wedges
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and cut into 1/4" slices and tossed with fresh lemon juice to keep from browning
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 12 ounces arugula
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
On medium high heat, heat a heavy-bottomed skillet or panini maker for 2 minutes. Using a pastry brush, brush the bread liberally with olive oil on both sides.
To make the sandwich, place a slice of bread on a cutting board and top with 2 ounces of Brie cheese, cover with apple slices and drizzle 1 tablespoon of honey over the apple. Top with a handful of arugula, then close the sandwich with another slice of oiled bread. Do the same with the rest of the sandwiches.
Place the sandwich in the panini maker or skillet and grill according to instructions noted above. When done, transfer the sandwich to a cutting board and slice in half using a serrated knife.
If you don't have a panini maker, you can get the same results by covering a brick or stone with foil to use as a press. In this case you will need to flip your sandwich over to cook both sides. Cook time is usually 1 to 2 minutes per side. If you are using a panini machine, it should take 4 to 5 minutes to achieve a toasty golden brown.
You'll also love
- Tomato Lentil Soup 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Amaretto-Cranberry Kiss Cocktail 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Cauliflower Cheddar Fritters... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Green Grape Caterpillars 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Spinach Artichoke Dip Potato Salad 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Spam Fries & Kale Chips with... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Beet & Apple Salad 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Fennel, Arugula & Green Apple... 4.2/5 (6 Votes)