Apple Fries with Caramel Cream Dip
Lightly battered apple slices are fried to a crisp, then sprinkled with a little cinnamon sugar. Combine this with a caramel cream dip and you got yourself a warming treat everyone loves!
- 4 to 5 tart apples, we used Pink Ladies
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup sugar
- Wondra flour
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Cinnamon and sugar, to taste
- 1 (8-ounce) cream cheese
- 1 small container cool whip (or 1 cup whipping cream with 1/2 cup sugar- whipped until stiff)
- 1 cup caramel sauce
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
In a fry pan, or deep fryer heat vegetable oil for frying.
Mix together the buttermilk and sugar in a medium size bowl. Peel and slice apples and add them to the buttermilk mixture as you go to prevent browning.
In a shallow dish, put a layer of wonder flour. Pull the apples out of the buttermilk mix, one at a time and lightly coat all sides in the flour.
When oil is nice and hot, gently place coated apples into the oil so they are not touching, when the bottom side begins to turn golden, flip over and brown the second side. Quickly remove to a tray lined with paper towels to soak up excess grease and cool. Sprinkle immediately with cinnamon and sugar while they are hot.
Mix together the the cream cheese and cool whip until completely blended then stir in the caramel sauce. Place into a bowl for dipping and drizzle a little extra caramel sauce over the top.
You'll also love
- Cornmeal Popovers 3.9/5 (35 Votes)
- Peaches & Cream Cinnamon Rolls 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Best Greek Lemon Potatoes 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Overnight Blueberry French Toast 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Healthy Pork Lo Mein 4/5 (16 Votes)
- Paula Deen's Garden Pasta Salad 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Coffee Meringue Ice Cream Cake 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Cinnamon Sugar Apple Noodles 4.4/5 (15 Votes)