Paula Deen's Garden Pasta Salad
A twist on a traditional pasta salad, this recipe has an oil and vinegar based dressing and includes tender asparagus and tomatoes.
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 (16-ounce) package whole wheat rotini pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from pauladeenmagazine.com
In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, olive oil, mustard, salt, pepper and celery seed; stir in cooked pasta.
In a shallow microwave-safe dish, combine asparagus and ¼ cup water. Cover with plastic wrap, venting 1 corner, and microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes or until asparagus is tender. Drain well, and let cool. Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces.
Stir asparagus, tomatoes, and all remaining ingredients into pasta mixture until well combined. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
You'll also love
- Coffee Meringue Ice Cream Cake 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Cinnamon Sugar Apple Noodles 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Fresh Campari Tomato Sauce 4/5 (21 Votes)
- Pan Telera - Torta Rolls 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Cucumber & Strawberry Poppyseed... 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- One Pan Spicy Lemon Chicken Pasta... 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Stuffed Deviled... 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Birria de Res 4/5 (19 Votes)