Recipe source: Southern Living | December 2016
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup fine white cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 3/4 cups whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup salted butter, melted
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from southern living.com
1. Place a 12-cup muffin pan in oven. Pre-heat oven to 450°F. (Do not remove pan.)
2. Whisk together flour, cornmeal, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk together milk and eggs in a medium bowl. Gradually whisk milk mixture into flour mixture until well blended.
3. Remove muffin pan from oven. Spoon 1 teaspoon melted butter into each cup of hot muffin pan; return muffin pan to oven for 2 minutes.
4. Remove muffin pan. Divide batter among prepared muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes. (Centers will be moist.) Serve immediately.