Bauern Kartoffeln (Farmer Style Potatoes)
These potatoes are great to serve with bratwurst and red cabbage. These are so good, and are perfect for breakfast, too!
- 4 medium sized Yukon Gold Potatoes (or preferred potato)
- Olive oil
- 3 ounces bacon lardons (thinly sliced bacon, roughly three slices)
- 1 small onion, chopped or thinly sliced
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Boil the potatoes until just fork tender-- not overcooked or they will be too mushy.
Drain the potatoes and allow to cool.
In a 12" skillet, cook the bacon until the fat is rendered.
Add the onion and cook until softened.
With the heel of your hand, gently flatten the cooled potatoes and then set into the pan.
Season the potatoes with kosher salt & fresh ground pepper.
With a spatula, press down on the potatoes and allow to brown- about five minutes. If the pan is dry, drizzle a little olive oil over the potatoes and turn to the other side.
Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
You'll also love
- Lavender Lemonade using Lavender... 4.2/5 (27 Votes)
- Rumchata Cheesecake 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- One Pot Lemon Orzo Shrimp 4.1/5 (24 Votes)
- Dolly Parton's Cabbage Soup 4/5 (31 Votes)
- Amaretto Peach Martini 4/5 (26 Votes)
- Tomato Soup 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- John’s New York Deli-Style... 4/5 (50 Votes)
- Meatloaf, Potatoes and Carrots 4.4/5 (11 Votes)