Macaroni Salad with Broccoli
- 1 small bunch broccoli
- 1 8oz package Elbow macaroni
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp. dried dill weed
- 2 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 8 oz Swiss or jarlsberg cheese cut into 1/2 inch chunks
1. Cut broccoli into florets, dice stems
2. In a 6 quart saucepot over high heat in 3 quarts of water- bring water to a boil, once boiling add florets and cook to tender 3-5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon into a colander and drain.
3. Add macaroni to boiling water, cook for 5 minutes, add diced stems of broccoli, cook 2 minutes more or until macaroni and stems are tender, drain in a colander
4.In bowl , toss broccoli florets with olive oil and 1/2 tsp. of salt.
5.In Large bowl, add mayonnaise, milk, dill, vinegar, sugar, pepper and 1 1/2 tsp. salt, whisk till smooth
6. Add macaroni and cheese, toss gently to coat with dressing. Garnish with broccoli florets.
7. Serve at room temperature or cover and chill in Refrigerator if serving later. Toss gently prior to serving and add broccoli florets prior to serving