Sweet 'n Spicy Sausage
These deliciously sweet and spicy sausages may be served as an appetizer with toothpicks or with fried rice as a main course. Sweet n' spicy sausage is the perfect bite-sized snack for any party or occasion, from birthdays to holidays and even your backyard BBQ, these morsels are sure to please the hungriest of crowds. This recipe pairs best with ice cold beer and good company!
- 2 pounds Conecuh brand original spicy smoked sausage
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 3 to 4 tablespoons Creole mustard
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cut sausage into bite-size slices, 1/2 to 1-inch thick.
In a large skillet or pot over medium-high heat, add the sliced sausage and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium and simmer about 5 minutes to render some of the fat. Drain off the liquid and lightly brown the sausage. Remove sausages from skillet to drain on paper towels. Set aside.
In a medium pot over medium heat, bring the pineapple and the juice, brown sugar, mustard, vinegar, salt, and red peppers to a boil, stirring constantly; then reduce heat by 1 mark and let boil for 5 to 6 minutes or until sauce is reduced and thickened somewhat, stirring frequently.
Add the sausage to the sauce and continue to simmer a few more minutes to heat through and thicken the sauce as desired.
Transfer to a serving dish or a small crock pot set on warm setting. Use toothpicks to serve sausages.
You'll also love
- Easter Deviled Eggs 4.4/5 (138 Votes)
- Baked Ham & Cheese Sandwiches 4/5 (179 Votes)
- Bacon Asparagus Pastry Twists 5/5 (8 Votes)
- Lemon-Almond Butter Cake 3.8/5 (25 Votes)
- Honey-Baked Brie with Strawberry... 4/5 (9 Votes)
- White Christmas Sangria 3.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Cherry Coke Pulled Pork 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Mrs. Fields Banana Nut Cookies 3.9/5 (13 Votes)