First tried 1/27/2017 Original recipe used Fennel bulbs, I substituted 2 shallots chopped. Recipe from Joe Gray-Union Leader newspaper.
Very easy and good flavor
- 3 strips of bacon
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
Cook bacon in a skillet until crisp, 8 minutes. Transfer bacon to a paper towel, leaving fat in the skillet.
Add shallots, cook until starting to soften, about 3 minutes.
Stir in red bell pepper,chopped, cool until tender-crisp,3 minutes
Add the shrimp season with salt. Cook turning once, until just cooked through, 5 minutes.
Pour 1/2 cup dry white wine into skillet, lower heat to a simmer.
Crumble the bacon;stir into the skillet. Cook until just heated through.
Serve the shrimp and vegetables over steamed brown rice.
You'll also love
- Garlic Butter Shrimp and Rice 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sausage and Cheese Ravioli Saute 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes au Gratin 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Meat: Greek Chicken Breast Fillets 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Linguine with Escarole & Shrimp 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roast Pork with Maple Mustard Glaze 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chinese Pork & Vegetable Hot Pot 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts /... 0/5 (0 Votes)