Banana Date Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups mashed bananas
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
Sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Cream together sugar and butter. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Add vanilla. Gradually mix in bananas and flour mixture until well blended. Fold in nuts and dates.
Pour into two 8 x 4 inch loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes or until done.
You'll also love
- Oatmeal Honey Raisin Cookies 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Yemenite Beef Soup 3.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Deviled Eggs with Crispy Shallot... 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Nectarine Muffins 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Banana-Blueberry Muffins 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Nut and Date Pie Crust (Paleo) 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Cousin Luisa's Italian Date Cookies 4/5 (6 Votes)