Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
- 2 cups cooked and chopped (or shredded) chicken
- 3 1/2 - 4 cups cooked rice (cold leftover works well)
- 1 - 2 cups cooked and chopped broccoli florets (I microwaved 2 c. fresh broccoli florets until crisp tender)
- 1 (10 1/2 oz) can cream of chicken (or cream of mushroom) soup (I used 98% F.F.)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon each, black pepper and salt
- 2 cups (8 ozs) shredded cheddar cheese, divided (I used mild cheddar)
Preheat oven to 400° F. Lightly spray an 11x8" baking pan with cooking spray.
Place chicken, rice, and broccoli in a large mixing bowl.
In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the soup, milk, sour cream, garlic salt, and salt and pepper; heat just until somewhat hot but not boiling. Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup of shredded cheese until melted.
Combine soup mixture with the ingredients in the mixing bowl. Spoon mixture into the baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Reduce oven heat to 350°. Remove foil then continue to bake until for another 10-15 minutes. Turn off the oven.
Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top of casserole and return to oven to melt the cheese. Let stand about 5 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Quinoa, Cucumber, Tomato and Feta... 4.1/5 (52 Votes)
- Pioneer Woman's Meatloaf 3.8/5 (19 Votes)
- Panera's Low-Fat Lemon Chicken... 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Authentic Anchor Bar Buffalo... 3.8/5 (32 Votes)
- Chicken Wellington (Puff... 4/5 (16 Votes)
- Sun-Drop Pound Cake 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Belizean Rice and Beans and Stewed... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Chicken Noodle Pilaf 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
Review this recipe