Quinoa, Cucumber, Tomato and Feta Salad
Get a healthy dose of protein and fiber with this refreshing quinoa, cucumber, tomato and feta salad. Vegetarian-friendly, it can be served as a filling main or side dish.
- 1 cup quinoa, beige, red or black
- 1 cup water
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cucumbers, chopped, unpeeled
- 1 pint cherry or baby heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup red wine or balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons smoked Spanish paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from wnetwork.com
Bring quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, simmer until tender, about 10-15 minutes.
Do not overcook. Chill in the refrigerator to cool.
In a large bowl, combine chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumber, parsley, spinach and about half of the feta.
Gently toss in the cooled quinoa; do not over mix or stir.
Whisk vinegar, salt, honey and smoked paprika in small bowl. Gradually whisk in oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Drizzle over the combined salad ingredients; toss gently. Add vinaigrette; avoid overdressing. Top with feta; serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Chicken, Pomegranate & Cashew... 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Coconut Chicken with Pineapple... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Pioneer Woman's Meatloaf 4/5 (17 Votes)
- Chicken and Spinach Paleo Ravioli 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Fall off the Bone Roasted Chicken... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Jellied Cucumber Salad 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Ranch Cucumber Sandwiches 4/5 (12 Votes)
- Lightened Up Creamy Chicken Salad 4.2/5 (45 Votes)