Bread Pudding With Apple, Raisins And Figs
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped dried figs
- 1/4 cup Marsala or brandy
- 9 slices white sandwich bread
- 5 tablespoons butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups milk (do not use lowfat or nonfat)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 apple peeled, cored, and chopped
Combine raisins, figs and Marsala in small bowl. Let stand 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously butter 8-cup souffle dish. Spread 1 side of each bread slice generously with butter. Cut bread into 1-inch cubes. Transfer to prepared dish.
Mix sugar, eggs and egg yolk in large bowl. Whisk in cream and next 4 ingredients. Stir in apple, raisins and figs with Marsala. Pour over bread and stir to combine. Let stand 5 minutes.
Set souffle dish in large baking pan. Add enough hot water to large pan to come 1 inch up sides of souffle dish. Bake until custard is set and top is golden and puffed slightly in center, approximately 1 3/4 hours. Serve warm.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Blue Cheese Potato Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef And Green Pepper Stir-Fry 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Warm Cherry Bread Pudding 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spicy Shrimp With Pineapple And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fig And Stilton Salad With Port... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mixed Mushroom Stuffing With Rice,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grape Leaves Stuffed With Rice And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ginger, Fig, And Cranberry... 0/5 (0 Votes)