Best-Ever Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 6 tsp Unsalted butter or margarine
- 2 tsp Brown sugar
- 2 tsp Granulated sugar
- 1/2 Lightly beaten egg
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Whole-grain flour
- 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon or Pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups Quick-Cooking rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Raisins
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Cream the butter or margarine with the sugars. Beat in the egg and add the vanilla. Sift together the flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Mix this into the butter mixture. Finally, stir in the oats and raisins.
3. Line 3 baking sheets with nonstick baking paper. Make walnut-size balls of dough and flatten these down onto the baking sheet-you may want to enlist the help of your child for this stage.
4. Bake for about 15 Minutes, until the edges are done but the centers are still soft.