Spiralized Sweet Potato Enchilada Skillet
I brown 1 pound of ground turkey in the olive oil, remove and reserve, and continue with the recipe. Add the turkey back in when you add the black beans. I also reduce the amount of cheese to 1 cup total.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 300 g/11 oz sweet potato noodles (roughly 6 loosely packed cups; use the 1/4 inch spacing spiralizer blade)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can black beans (540mL/ 19oz), drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn kernels (340mL/ 12oz), drained and rinsed
- 4 6-inch corn tortillas, cut into 1/2 inch strips (flour tortillas work too)
- 2 cups enchilada sauce (*see note)
- 2 cups of mozzarella cheese, divided
- to serve
- Greek yogurt
Adapted from sweetpeasandsaffron.com
Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
In a large, ovenproof skillet (12 inches) heat the olive oil over medium heat.
Add the onion and cook for 5 or so minutes, until translucent and soft.
Add the sweet potato noodles, and cook for 10 or so minutes, until al dente. They should have a bite to them and not be completely soft.
Add the garlic and cook for one minute.
Add the black beans, corn, tortillas, enchilada sauce and half of the cheese. Stir until completely combined.
Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and place in the oven for 5 or so minutes, until cheese is melted and the enchilada sauce bubbles.
Serve with optional toppings listed.