- 2 medium-sized Florida zucchini or large yellow squash
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup marinara sauce (your favorite)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- olive oil for cooking
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to
Cut off the stem side of the zucchini or yellow squash.
Cut zucchini or yellow squash evenly in half lengthwise.
Using a small spoon, scoop out the seeds from each half to create room to hold other ingredients.
Preheat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil to the preheated pan.
Season the zucchini or yellow squash with salt and pepper.
Place the zucchini or yellow squash skin side up in the sauté pan and cook for about 2 minutes on both sides.
Remove from pan and place on a cookie sheet skin side down.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
In a small mixing bowl, combine panko breadcrumbs, 1 tablespoon olive oil, chopped basil and Parmesan cheese.
Season ingredients to taste with salt and pepper, and stir to combine.
Evenly distribute the ricotta cheese and marinara sauce on top of the zucchini or yellow squash.
Top the yellow squash and zucchini with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
Evenly sprinkle the breadcrumb topping mixture on top of the zucchini or yellow squash.
Bake the stuffed zucchini or yellow squash for 10 minutes or until topping is golden brown and cheese is bubbly.
Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Serve warm.
- See more at: http://www.freshfromflorida.com/Recipes/Sides/Stuffed-Florida-Yellow-Squash-Parmesan#sthash.SU3xBFX3.dpuf
You'll also love
- lamb tagine - a feast for the... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Pork Medallions with Fennel and... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Slow Cooked Orange Pork Roast... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Cranberry Pumpkin Seed Energy Bars 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Curried Butternut Squash Soup 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Crescent Zucchini Pie 4.5/5 (4 Votes)