Cranberry Orange Shortbread Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup butter, cubed (and cold)
- 1 tsp almond extract
- zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (Craisins)
- additional sugar to coat cookies before baking if desired
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Combine cranberries and ¼ cup of sugar in a food processor and process just until the cranberries are broken down into smaller pieces. Set aside.
Combine flour and remaining sugar in a large bowl.
Use a pastry blender to cut in butter. You want very fine crumbs.
Stir in extract, cranberries and sugar mixture, and orange zest.
Use your hands to knead the dough until it comes together and forms a ball. Work the dough JUST until it comes together - you don't want to over-work it.
Shape dough into a log about two inches in a diameter and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for two hours or up to 72 hours.
Preheat oven to 325F.
Cut slices of cookie dough about ¼ inch thick.
Place about a half a cup of sugar in a bowl and coat the cookie slices with sugar.
Place cookies on baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or just until cookies are set. Do not over bake. I pull mine at 10 minutes.
Let cookies cool for several minutes on baking sheet before removing to cooling rack. Let cool completely.
Store in airtight container for 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
You'll also love
- Chicken, tequila lime 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Spinach Cake Muffins - Double... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Rosemary and Fig Chicken 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Steak Satay with Lemon Tahini... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- CROCK POT STRAWBERRY VANILLA CREAM... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Roast Salmon with Warm Blueberry... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin With Burnt Brown... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Cajun Pecan Orange Roughy 5/5 (1 Votes)