Black Bean Soup (South Beach Diet Phase 1)
south beach soup phase 1
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 ⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- 30 ounces canned black beans, with their liquid
- 15 ounces canned diced tomatoes, with their liquid
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
Add scallions, celery, garlic, cumin, cayenne, salt, and pepper, Cook, stirring occasionally until vegetables soften.
Add cans of black beans, diced tomatoes, and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
Transfer 2 cups of soup to a blender and process until smooth. Return soup to pan and stir to combine.
Return to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes longer. season with lime juice, and adjust seasonings.
Serve with hot pepper sauce and sliced scallions on the side (not in ingredients).
You'll also love
- PORK CHOPS, CABBAGE, POTATO... 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- 2016 Ham and Macaroni au Gratin 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Wilted Spinach Salad with grilled... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Turkish Garbanzo Bean Salad 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Casserole 3.9/5 (55 Votes)
- Black Bean Soup with a Hint of... 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Cuban Black Bean Soup 4.3/5 (3 Votes)