Christmas Maraschino Cherry Shortbread Cookies
Delightful shortbread cookies with maraschino cherries and chocolate chips will become one of your favorite holiday cookies with the red and green cherries!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup maraschino cherries-chopped (spread cherries on paper towel to drain well or you can use dried maraschino cherries)
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 100mins
Mix flour and salt, set aside.
Cream 1 cup unsalted softened butter with 1/2 cup powdered sugar, mix in vanilla.
Add flour and salt mixture and mix until it starts forming larger clumps.
Mix in chocolate chips and maraschino cherries.
Form the dough into the log and press it well or it will crumble when you slice the cookies (the log should be about 2 inch thick) Wrap it in the plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 1-2 hour.
Preheat the oven to 325°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
Cut the log into 1/4 or 1/3 inch thick slices (if the slices crumbles, press it back together with your hands) and place them onto baking sheet with one inch of space between.
Bake the cookies 10– 15 minutes (until they just start to turn lightly golden brown on top)
Let them cool for 5 minutes on a baking sheet before transfer them to a rack to cool completely.
You'll also love
- Spinach & Artichoke Dip Stuffed... 3.9/5 (87 Votes)
- Lemon Butter Cookies 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Potato Chip Cashew Cookies 4/5 (14 Votes)
- Peach Salad & Mint Pesto 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Christmas Gooey Butter Cookies 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Shrimp & Avocado Taco Salad 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Paula Deen's Cherry Cheese Trifle 4/5 (19 Votes)
- Walnut Date-Filled Cookies 3.8/5 (4 Votes)