Paula Deen's Cherry Cheese Trifle
- 1 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) containers frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 13 ounces angel food cake
- 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
Adapted from facebook.com
In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in 1/2 of whipped topping and almond extract; set aside.
Tear angel food cake into 1 inch pieces.nnPlace 1/3 of cake pieces in bottom of a trifle bowl.
Spoon 1/3 of cream cheese filling over cake, and top with 1/3 of pie filling.
Repeat layers twice more.
Spread remaining whipped topping over top of trifle, sealing to edges.
Garnish with additional pie filling and sliced almonds if desired.