Christmas Gooey Butter Cookies
Throw these deliciously buttery cookies together and share with friends and family or give them as a gift during the holidays!
- 1/2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 (8 - ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract, optional
- 1 package white cake mix
- 1/2 cup sprinkles, divided
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from therecipecritic.com
In a medium bowl, cream together butter and cream cheese.
Add the egg, almond extract and orange extract and mix until combined.
Add the white cake mix and mix until combined. Stir in ¼ cup of sprinkles. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour or up to 24 hours. The longer the dough chills, the less sticky it will be.
Preheat oven to 350°F
Place powdered sugar in one bowl and the remaining ¼ cup of sprinkles in another bowl.
Using a 1-inch cookie scoop, scoop out dough and roll into a ball. Sprinkle with a few extra sprinkles and roll in powdered sugar, completely covering the dough ball.
Place on a greased cookie sheet. Repeat. Bake for 10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for two minutes before removing to wire rack. Makes around 42 small cookies.
You'll also love
- Shrimp & Avocado Taco Salad 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Fries 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Pumpkin-Gingerbread Ice Cream... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Walnut Date-Filled Cookies 3.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Ancho Chile-Mexican Chocolate... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- White Chocolate Cherry Shortbread 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- The Pioneer Woman's Coconut-Lime... 3.8/5 (17 Votes)