Shrimp & Avocado Taco Salad
This filling entree salad is going to redefine taco salad night. Seasoned ground beef and cheddar cheese is all well and fine, but the light mix of shrimp, avocado, and that honey-cilantro-lime dressing with a pinch of chili powder is SO good! Can’t wait for you to try this!
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped, packed
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 10 ounces romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, chopped
- Coarse sea salt, optional
- Blue corn tortilla chips, crushed
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from iowagirleats.com
Combine the first six ingredients in a food processor or blender then process until smooth. Place shrimp in a plastic bag then add 3 tablespoons of the dressing and marinate in the refrigerator for 10 minutes (no longer.) Reserve remaining dressing for salad dressing.
After the shrimp have marinated, spray the bottom of a skillet with extra virgin olive oil or nonstick spray then saute in two batches to avoid overcrowding the pan, for 1 to 2 minutes a side, or until just barely cooked through. Set aside to cool slightly. Discard remaining marinade.
Divide lettuce and red cabbage between plates then top with avocados, tomatoes, sauteed shrimp, and crushed tortilla chips. Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired, then drizzle dressing on top and serve.
You'll also love
- Turkey Bundles Recipe 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Soy-Honey Chicken With Lemon... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Savory Stuffed Baked Apples 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Fries 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Crispy Homemade Clam Cakes 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- APPLE AND AVOCADO SALSA WITH... 4/5 (3 Votes)
- SHRIMP SCAMPI 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Greenfield's Hot Chicken Salad 4.5/5 (2 Votes)