Walnut Date-Filled Cookies
I couldn't find a date-filled cookie I liked so I came up with my own. These are the perfect flavor combination with date and walnut.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 cup flour
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Sugar, for dipping
- DATE FILLING:
- 2 cups dates, pitted and chopped
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cut up dates with scissors; put all except walnuts in saucepan and bring to a boil; boil until thick; cool in fridge, add walnuts;
In a large bowl, cream sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla. Add flour and baking soda; mix well. Stir in walnuts.
Divide dough in half and form into two rolls (about 2 inches in diameter). Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or at least 2 hours.
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Slice cookie dough into 1/8-inch-thick slices and place on parchment-covered baking sheets. Put a tsp. of date filling on each cookie slice, cover with another cookie slice, and lightly seal (it's okay if the top one cracks open, exposing the filling). Dip the top in sugar and return to the cookie sheet, a couple inches apart. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges are golden.
You'll also love
- Potatoes-Garlic Red 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Vinaigrette Chile Lime 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Apple Enchiladas 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Italian-Inspired Vegetable Soup 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Cheese Bacon Wrapped Pastry Twists 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- No Bake Pumpkin Chocolate Pie 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Almond Date Truffles 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Cranberry Pie 4.4/5 (10 Votes)