Spinach and Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Chicken Breast Stuffed with Spinach & Mozzarella is sure to become your new dinner go-to favorite. Serve this recipe with mashed potatoes, buttered rice, or assorted steamed vegetables for a full meal you and bae are sure to love.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Italian flavored breadcrumbs
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 55mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Flatten the chicken to 1/4-inch thickness.
In a medium bowl, combine the mozzarella, spinach, salt, and pepper.
Combine the Cajun seasoning and breadcrumbs together in a small bowl.
Spoon about 1/4 cup of the spinach mixture onto each chicken breast. Roll each chicken breast tightly and fasten the seams with several toothpicks. This part requires a tiny bit of skill and I typically use about 8 toothpicks in each roll to ensure none of the fillings seep out. Be sure to count how many total toothpicks were used!
Brush each chicken breast with the olive oil. Sprinkle the seasoned breadcrumb mixture evenly over all. Sprinkle any remaining spinach and cheese on top of chicken (optional).
Place the chicken seam side up onto a tinfoil-lined baking sheet (for easy cleanup). Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
Remove the toothpicks before serving. Count to make sure you have removed every last toothpick. Serve whole or slice into medallions.
You'll also love
- Chicken Teriyaki Recipe 4.6/5 (94 Votes)
- Gus's Fried Chicken 3.9/5 (168 Votes)
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Chicken Pasta 4.5/5 (99 Votes)
- Chicken and Dumpling Casserole 4.2/5 (123 Votes)
- Melt in Your Mouth Chicken Breasts 4.5/5 (99 Votes)
- Baked Boneless Skinless Chicken... 4/5 (195 Votes)
- Cajun Spinach Stuffed Chicken... 4.6/5 (47 Votes)
- Cajun Chicken Stuffed with Pepper... 4.2/5 (76 Votes)