Sweet Potato Pie
- 1 (9-inch) single-crust pie dough
- 1 1/4 cups packed (8 3/4 ounces) light brown sugar
- 1 3/4 pounds sweet potatoes, unpeeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 large eggs plus 2 large yolks
- 2 tablespoons bourbon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Microwave sweet potatoes 15-20 minutes on high, let cool to touch, cut open to release steam.
Place 1/4 cup light brown sugar in bottom of cooled pie shell.
Mix sweet potato and remaining 1 cup light brown sugar, salt in food processor
melt butter add cinnamon and nutmeg, add to sweet potatoe mixture
Add sour cream to mixture, add eggs and egg yolks, vanilla and bourbon, process until well blended, scrap as needed.
Pour into pie shell, place in 350 degree oven until just set around the edges, but still jiggles in the middle, about 35-40 minutes or internal temp of 165 degrees.
Cool 2 hrs
Serve with Bourbon Whipped Cream
You'll also love
- Chocolate cherry greek yogurt... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Brunswick Stew Georgia Style (... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- MIXED BERRY SCONES 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Broccoli Rabe with Grilled... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Earthquake Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamed Potatoes, Peas and Pearl... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- ROASTED SWEET POTATOES - 4... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Corn Bread (Cooks... 0/5 (0 Votes)