Sunny's Roasted Rosemary and Thyme Chicken, Carrots and Potatoes
- 1 lemon, cut into slices
- 1 whole chicken, skin on, cut into parts
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Kosher salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 to 3 shakes hot Hungarian paprika
- 1 pound small potatoes, any larger ones halved
- 4 carrots, sliced in half lengthwise
- 20 or so fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 to 3 fresh rosemary sprigs
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
On a large baking sheet with sides, add half the lemon slices to half of the sheet and arrange the chicken skin-side up over them. Drizzle with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Hit the chicken with a few dashes of paprika, then move on to the other half of the sheet. Add the potatoes and carrots cut-side down to the empty half of the sheet. Top everything with the thyme and rosemary, then drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Over the portion of the baking sheet with the chicken, add the remaining lemon slices and season again with salt, pepper and paprika.
Roast until the chicken is cooked through, about 40 minutes. Discard the rosemary, thyme and lemon slices. Remove the chicken from the sheet and cover gently with aluminum foil (no need to crimp the edges, just lay it over it until ready to serve).