Chocolate cherry greek yogurt mufins
Recipe type: Baking
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 25 mins Total time: 35 mins
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites (I use liquid egg whites)
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup 0% cherry flavored greek yogurt, if you can't find cherry vanilla will work just as well
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup frozen cherries, cut in half
1-Preheat oven to 350F and spray a regular sized muffin pan with non stick spray.
2-In a bowl, using an electric mixer beat together your egg, egg whites and brown sugar, stir in your yogurt, apple sauce and vanilla.
3-Mix in flour, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder.
4-Fold in your cut cherries.
5-Fill 10 muffin cups with batter and bake in oven for approx 25 minutes.
6-Let cool 5 minutes.. Makes 10 muffins at 2 smart points each (2PP) Best stored in sealed container, after 1 day store in fridge.
Nutritional info per muffin (not incl cherries) Calories 80...Fat 0.7g..Sat fat 0.2g...Carbs 14.5g...Fiber 0.7g..Sugars 3.4g..Protein 4.2g