Creamed Potatoes, Peas and Pearl Onions
- 12 oz red potatoes, cubed
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 24 frozen pearl onions, thawed (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- pinch of nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh chives,
- fresh lemon juice to taste
boil potatoes in salted water until tender, 15 mins; drain.
melt butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
add onions and saute about 2 mins; do not brown.
deglaze with broth; reduce until syrupy 3-5 mins.
add cream and seasonings; simmer until thickened, 3 mins.
stir in potatoes, peas, chives and juice. Heat to warm through
You'll also love
- Maple-Glazed, Bacon-Wrapped... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- CREAM CHEESE LEMONADE PIE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stir Fried Sesame Shrimp and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Thin and Crispy Cornbread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Blueberry Muffins - Ritz Carlton 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes and Ham... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pear-Marinated Roast Leg of Lamb 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hot Spiced Pear Juice 0/5 (0 Votes)