Tuna, White Bean, Roasted Pepper Salad, Cream Dijon Dressin
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground balck pepper to taste
- 5 cups mixed baby greens
- 1 can small white beans - (15 oz) rinsed, drained
- 2/3 cup chopped drained roasted red peppers from a jar
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1 can chunk light tuna - (12 oz)
- 2/3 cup Kalamata olives pitted, halved (or other brine-cured black olives
Whisk first 4 ingredients in small bowl. Season dressing with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill.)
Toss greens in large bowl with enough dressing to coat. Place greens in center of 4 plates. Toss beans, red peppers and onion in medium bowl with enough dressing to coat. Top greens with bean mixture, then tuna, dividing equally. Garnish with olives and serve.
This recipe yields 4 main-course servings.