Sides - Stuffed Peppers (vegan)
Stuffed peppers are so versatile, adding whatever types of veggies or beans are favored as fillings. These can be kept vegan, or made with cheese for those without allergies.
- 2 large bell peppers, tops cut off and chopped
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup cooked pinto beans (any bean will do)
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Saute the veggies over medium heat in olive oil until tender (8 minutes).
Add beans, rice and seasonings, stirring for a few minutes to combine.
Add parsley and turn off heat.
Salt insides of peppers before filling with veggies, adding cheese on top if desired.
Bake for 20-30 minutes.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Cabbage Casserole 4.4/5 (57 Votes)
- Stuffed Shells 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Turkey-Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Soup - Summer Storm "Stewp" 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sauces - Pistou 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Breads-Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Tacos & Radish Salsa with... 2/5 (2 Votes)