Grilled Turkey, Bacon, Radicchio & Blue Cheese Sandwiches
This ultimate sandwich features turkey, crispy applewood smoked bacon, radicchio and a spread of mayonnaise and blue cheese.
Photograph by Brian Leatart
- 6 slices applewood-smoked bacon
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup crumbled Maytag blue cheese or other mild blue cheese
- 4 (1/2-inch-thick) slices country-style white bread (about 5x3-inches)
- 4 leaves radicchio
- 6 ounces cooked turkey, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons butter, room temperature, divided
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Transfer to paper towels. Pour off fat from skillet; reserve skillet.
Mash mayonnaise and blue cheese in bowl to coarse puree; season with pepper. Place bread on work surface. Divide cheese mixture among bread slices, spreading evenly. Divide bacon, radicchio, and turkey between 2 bread slices. Top with remaining bread, cheese side down.
Melt 2 teaspoons butter in reserved skillet over medium heat. Place sandwiches in skillet. Spread 2 teaspoons butter on top pieces of bread. Cover with lid that is slightly smaller than skillet. Cook sandwiches until lightly browned, about 4 minutes per side.
You'll also love
- Banana Streusel Surpise 4.7/5 (16 Votes)
- Roasted parsnip crisps 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Blueberry Crumble Cheesecake Bars 4.3/5 (51 Votes)
- Smashed Avocado & Tomato Basil... 4.3/5 (43 Votes)
- Creamy Chicken Marsala Pasta 4.2/5 (39 Votes)
- Smokin' Chipotle Bacon-Onion Dip 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Apple Whiskey Chicken Meatballs 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Polish Sausage and Cabbage Soup... 4.6/5 (24 Votes)