Colossal Club Sandwiches
Create the ultimate Colossal Club Sandwiches with this super simple recipe! This sandwich is sure to satisfy the biggest of appetites.
- 18 slices sandwich bread
- 12 slices bacon, cut in half
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared basil pesto
- 1 tablespoon prepared sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1 pound shaved roast beef
- 6 slices cheddar cheese, sandwich slices
- Green leaf lettuce
- 3 large red tomatoes, sliced thick
- Avocado slices
- 1 pound ham, shaved
- 1 red onion, sliced very thin
- Chips, for serving
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Toast the bread in the toaster until light golden brown. Set aside.
Fry the bacon until just barely crisp, and then drain on a paper towel. Set aside.
Mix together 2 tablespoons of the mayonnaise with the basil pesto. In a separate bowl, mix an additional 2 tablespoons mayonnaise with the sun-dried tomato pesto.
To make one sandwich:
Spread 2 pieces of toast with basil pesto mayonnaise. On one piece of bread, lay some roast beef on top of the pesto mayonnaise, then top with a slice of cheese and some lettuce. On the other piece of bread, lay the slices of tomato on top of the pesto mayo. Top with some avocado and bacon. Lift the second slice of bread and place it, ingredient-side down, on top of the first piece of bread.
For the second layer: On the top of the top piece of bread, spread the sun-dried tomato mayo. Spread one side of the third piece of bread with sun-dried tomato mayonnaise. Place ham, cheese, red onion and lettuce on top. Top with bacon slices.
Place this piece of bread, ingredient-side down, on top of the first piece of bread. Use a sharp knife to cut the sandwich in half (on the diagonal) then again in fourths. (Use large toothpicks to secure if needed.)
Serve with chips.
You'll also love
- Candied Brown Sugar Bacon 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Sicilian Love Cake 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Mini Pizza Tacos 4.4/5 (44 Votes)
- Bacon, Cheddar, Chicken & Rice Bake 4.4/5 (47 Votes)
- Steak Sandwich 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- BLT Chicken Salad Sandwiches 4.7/5 (24 Votes)
- Hawaiian Ham Roll Sliders 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Slow Cooker BBQ Ham Sandwiches... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)