- 2 cups sugar
- 15 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 cups frozen rhubarb - (abt 2 lbs) unthawed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup frozen concentrated cranberry
- juice cocktail thawed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter - (1 stick) room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Vanilla ice cream for serving
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter 13- by 9- by 2-inch glass baking dish.
Whisk 1 cup sugar and next 3 ingredients in large bowl to blend. Mix in rhubarb and cranberries, then concentrate. Transfer to prepared dish. Bake until heated through and bubbling, about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, beat butter and remaining 1 cup sugar in medium bowl until blended. Beat in egg and vanilla, then milk. Sift flour, baking powder and salt over; beat batter to blend. Drop batter by scant tablespoonfuls over hot fruit mixture. Bake cobbler until topping is golden and filling is bubbling thickly, about 45 minutes.
Transfer cobbler to bowls or goblets and top with ice cream.
This recipe yields 8 to 10 servings.