Chicken Trinidad with Orange Rum Sauce
- Chicken Ingredients:
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 tablespoons Angostura bitters
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lg apple peeled and finely diced
- 1/2 cup almonds chopped
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup flour
- 3 lg eggs beaten
- 1 cup grated unsweetened coconut
- Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 oz rum
- 2/3 cup cold unsalted butter cut into small pieces
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1-1/2 tablespoons corn starch
- Crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- Chopped parsley
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Preheat oven to 350F
Place breast in a plastic gallon bag and pound with a mallet until very flat.
Remove from bag and using a pastry brush, brush breasts with bitters and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Spread apple and almonds over the breasts and roll up securing ends with toothpicks. (Or perhaps tie with butcher twine,)
Put oil in an oven ready fry pan and heat to 350F.
While oil is heading do the following:
-1. Place flour on a plate.
-2. Put beaten eggs in a shallow bowl of large plate.
-3. Put grated coconut on a plate.
Next coat each breast in flour all sides, then dip in egg coat all sides and then roll in coconut. Using tongs put coated breast in the 350F oil in fry pan. Fry until golden brown turning breast to brown each side. Cook about 4 minutes.
Discard any remaining oil. Put oven ready fry pan in 350F oven for 17 minutes to finish cooking.
To make Sauce while chicken is cooking:
Place orange juice in a sauce pan and bring to a simmer over medium heat adjusting heat so juice will not boil over. Let cook to reduce juice to about half - 10 minutes.
Next add rum and cook 5 more minutes.
Remove from heat and whisk in butter a little at a time, heavy cream and corn starch. Adjust the corn starch to get a thick sauce.
Cut chicken into rounds, put on plate, pour sauce over chicken, sprinkle with red pepper and parsley.
You'll also love
- Crispy Fried Fictitious Fish 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Chili Bruschetta with Tomatoes and... 4/5 (3 Votes)
- CORNED BEEF HASH 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Goat Cheese and Apricot Stuffed... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Chocolate Banana Bread 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Jicama, Citrus and Watercress Salad 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Lemon-Lavender Muffins 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Orange Cool Whip Salad 5/5 (2 Votes)
Review this recipe