Chocolate Banana Bread
Banana bread isn't one of my top favorite snacking cakes. But, when you add chocolate to the mix-- I'm in! This banana bread is not only a perfect way to use overripe bananas, it's also super moist and easy to make. I've made this recipe twice, and it's become one of my favorite treats for my family. Recipe comes from "One Upon a Chef".
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, spooned into measuring cup and leveled-off
- 1/4 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch-processed), such as Hershey's*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (1/2-cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas, from 2 to 3 brown bananas
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 120mins
Adapted from afeastfortheeyes.net
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Grease a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk until there are no more lumps in the cocoa powder and the mixture is well combined. Set aside.
In a large bowl or electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the eggs one at a time, incorporating well after each addition.
Add the dry ingredients and beat gently until just combined.
Add the bananas, sour cream and vanilla and mix on low speed to combine.
Fold in the chocolate chips. Do not over-mix.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread evenly with a spatula. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Let the loaf rest in the pan for about 10 minutes, then turn it out onto a rack to cool completely.
*Note: There are two types of unsweetened cocoa powder: natural (such as Hershey's) and Dutch-processed. Dutch-processed will not work in this recipe.
You'll also love
- Fennel & Apple Salad with Roasted... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Potato & Leek Soup 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Crab & Corn Chowder 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Quick & Easy Pressure Cooker... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Lemon Pound Cake with Lemon Icing 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Orange pineapple muffin cake 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Mandazi African Donuts 4.5/5 (45 Votes)
- Cat Head Biscuits from Cook's... 4.1/5 (73 Votes)