- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from food.com
1 Heat oven to 400°F.
2 Grease bottoms of 12 muffin cups or line with baking cups.
3 Place 2/3 cup sugar and lavender in food processor; pulse 30 to 60 seconds (pulse longer for a more intense lavender flavor).
4 Sift through strainer into medium bowl to remove any large pieces of lavender.
5 Whisk in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt until well-blended.
6 In small bowl, whisk together milk, lemon juice and 2 teaspoons lemon peel. (Milk will curdle and thicken slightly.)
7 In another medium bowl, lightly beat egg; whisk in 6 tablespoons melted butter and milk mixture.
8 Make well in center of flour mixture; pour in egg mixture.
9 Stir just until blended. Divide evenly among muffin cups.
10 Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until browned and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
11 Cool on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan.
12 In another small bowl, stir together 1/2 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon lemon peel.
13 Dip tops of muffins in 1/4 cup melted butter; dip in sugar mixture.
14 Serve warm or at room temperature.
You'll also love
- Poor Man's Prime Rib, Eye of Round... 3.9/5 (195 Votes)
- Applesauce Pie 3.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spice Cake with Maple... 4.4/5 (44 Votes)
- Whole-Grain Berry Coffee Cake 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Carrot Lime Zinger 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Mandarin Orange Pineapple Cake 4.5/5 (40 Votes)
- Crudo of Scallop with Honeydew,... 5/5 (2 Votes)