Shrimp Pad Thai with Daikon Noodles
- 1/4 c. Pad Thai sauce
- 1.5 - 2 lbs daikon (Japanese), Chinese or Korean radish
- 3 carrots (use 'horse' carrots i.e. the big ones)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 4 oz. been sprouts
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Chopped peanuts
- Cilantro and lime wedges (optional)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Spiralize the radish using the shredder blade (medium thickness), breakinging the 'noodles' ever 3-4 rotations. Set aside
Spiralized the carrots again breaking the 'noodles' every 3-4 rotations. Set aside in a separate bowl.
Heat 1 tbl of oil in pan and scramble eggs until firm. Set aside
Add 2 tbls of oil to the pan and saute the carrots until softened, about 2 minutes. Remove from the pan and put in the bowl with the eggs.
Add more oil if necessary and saute shrimp until opaque and firm. Add to the eggs and carrots.
Increase the heat to medium high and saute the radish noodles for about 30 seconds (careful not to overcook or they will mush). Add Pad Thai sauce and stir to coat well. Add the eggs, carrots and shrimp and toss to coat with sauce (you can add more sauce if desired)
Place in serving dish and top with bean sprouts, green onions, cilantro (if using) and peanuts.
Serve with lime wedges on the side
You'll also love
- Roasted Sweet Potato Rounds with... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Nilla Banana Pudding 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Potato Crusted Cod 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Sesame Encrusted Salmon 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Eggplant Creole Appetizer with... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Maryland Crab Cakes 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Stensoni's Best Tomato Meat Pasta... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Mussels and Clams over shell pasta 4.3/5 (4 Votes)