Olive Garden's Chicken Scampi
You can't go wrong with a copycat recipe from Olive Garden! Now you can enjoy their delicious chicken scampi at home!
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 tablespoons crushed fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 3/4 cup Chablis or any white wine that's not too sweet
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup white sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 package angel hair, cooked according to package directions
- 3 sliced bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 10 whole garlic cloves
- Chicken tenderloins
Adapted from restaurant.recipes-network.net
Heat 1 tablespoon butter in nonstick skillet. After it's melted, add 2 tablespoons flour and cook for 2 minutes on medium heat. Slowly add milk and stir constantly to get rid of lumps.
When you have added enough milk, you should have like a white gravy consistency. Set this aside. You will have much more white sauce than you will actually need.
Heat butter over a slow heat. Add the garlic, Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper. Cook for about 2 minutes on low heat. Add the wine, water, and chicken base. Stir until combined.
Add the white sauce mix and stir until slightly thickened. Add 1/2 package angel hair, cooked according to package directions
Put the garlic cloves in a small nonstick skillet with some oil and braise them for about 20 minutes on low heat. Just put the lid on the skillet and let them cook, they should be golden and really soft when they are done.
In a large nonstick skillet, sauté the peppers and onions for a few minutes. Also, sauté chicken tenderloins Add the angel hair and pour the sauce over. Sauté until everything's mixed together and sauce is reheated. Add garlic cloves.
You'll also love
- Crockpot Sweet Hawaiian Chicken 4.4/5 (86 Votes)
- Chicken Noodle Casserole 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Chicken Parmesan Bake 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Chicken and Shrimp Penne 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Penne with Chicken and Sun-Dried... 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Chicken & Gnocchi Soup (Copycat... 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Applebee's Tequila Lime Chicken 4.1/5 (78 Votes)
- Gluten-Free Orange Chicken 4/5 (22 Votes)