Sauteed Red Snapper w/White Wine Sauce, Rice and Asparagus
- Ingredients2 8 ounce pieces of red snapper
- 2 cups of basmati rice
- 8 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of diced shallots
- 4 table spoons of diced garlic
- 1 teaspoon plus 4 pinches of salt
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 pinch of pepper
- 1 cup of water
- 1 1/2 1 1/2 cups of chicken stock
- 1 8 oz bunch of asparagus
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- the juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of parsley
- 1 ounce of capers
Procedures for Rice
1.Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in medium size sauce pan over medium high heat.
2.Add shallots, garlic and stir for 1 - 2 minutes
3.Add basmati rice, 2 pinches of salt and a pinch of pepper and stir vigorously
4.Add water, chicken stock and mix well bring to a rapid boil.
5.cover with a lid, turn heat down to low and let rice simmer for 15 - 20 minutes
Procedures for Asparagus
1.Bring a 3 quart pot of water to boil over medium heat, and add a pinch of salt
2.Place asparagus into boiling water for 3 - 5 minutes, take out in place in an ice bath for 30 seconds . (an ice bath is ice and water in a bowl)
3.Next place asparagus and mixing bowl and coat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper
4.Lightly coat a grill pan with olive olive oil over medium high heat
Procedures for Fish
1.Season red snapper with 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper.
2.Add olive oil to a frying pan and place over medium high heat, place fish into the pan and cook until golden brown. ( approx 3 - 4 minutes on each side)
Procedures for White Wine Sauce
1.Lightly coat a sauce pan with olive oil over medium heat. Add 2 table spoons of shallots, 2 tablespoons of garlic, capers and stir.
2.Next add a 1/ 2 cup of white wine, the juice of 1 whole lemon, and butter.
3.Turn heat down to low and let simmer for 1 - 2 minutes add parsley, then salt and pepper to taste, and continue to simmer until sauce thickens.
You'll also love
- Shrimp Linguine In A Tomato &... 4.2/5 (57 Votes)
- Lobster Bisque Brio Tuscan Grill 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Bean & Sausage Soup Weight... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Potato Pancakes (Weight Watchers) 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Applebee's Bloomin' Onion and... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Husband's Grandmother's Shrimp... 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Hot Crawfish Dip 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Baked Smoked Haddock Fish Fingers 4/5 (8 Votes)