Applebee's Bloomin' Onion and Dippin' Sauce
There is no need to go out for take out with this delicious deep fried copycat Applebee's Bloomin' Onion and Dippin' Sauce recipe on hand. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, lowfat
- 2 tablespoons horseradish sauce
- 2 teaspoons catsup
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup milk, lowfat
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 large Vadalia onion cut into flower
Combine the mayonnaise, horseradish sauce, catsup, paprika, salt, oregano, and peppers in small bowl. Refrigerate until needed.
Combine the egg and milk in a medium bowl. Combine the flour, salt, peppers, and thyme in medium bowl. Dip large, "flowered" Vidalia onion in wet mixture, then in dry mixture. Repeat. Refrigerate coated onion for at least 15 minutes.
Fry onion in 350 degree fahrenheit oil for 10 minutes.
You'll also love
- Cajun Smoked Turkey 3.8/5 (25 Votes)
- Québec Cretons - Pork Paté 3.8/5 (25 Votes)
- Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake 4/5 (18 Votes)
- Olive Garden® Tiramisu 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Spicy Kale and Corn Stuffed... 3.9/5 (12 Votes)
- Easy Strawberry Napoleons 3.9/5 (11 Votes)
- Three Bean Salad 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Apricot-Mango Pie with Streusel... 4/5 (3 Votes)