Potato Pancakes (Weight Watchers)
- 1 1/4 pounds baking potatoes,*
- peeled and shredded
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 scallion, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- *In this recipe, it's critical to use starchy baking potatoes like russet Burbanks or Idahos. Waxy, or boiling, potatoes brown and burn to easily.
1. soak the potatoes in cold water 30
minutes; drain and blot dry. Preheat
the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the potatoes
egg whites, flour, scallions and salt.
FORM INTO 12 PANCAKES
3. In a large non stick skillet over
medium heat, heat one-third of the
oil. Cook the pancakes, 4 at a time,
until just golden, about 2 minutes
on each side, transfer to a baking
sheet. Repeat with the remaining oil
and pancakes. Bake until crisp and
cooked through, 5-7 minute.