Paula Deen’s Pineapple Casserole
I have two pineapple casseroles here, think this might be the winner. Make this pineapple casserole gluten free, or traditional -- both are winners!
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 (20-ounce) cans pineapple chunks, drained (reserve 6 tablespoons of the pineapple juice)
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup Ritz cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons of reserved pineapple juice from draining the pineapple
- Dash of salt
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from examiner.com
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a medium-sized casserole dish with butter.
In a large bowl, stir together the sugar and flour and a dash of salt. Add the cheese and stir it into the sugar/flour mix. Add the drained pineapple chunks and stir until well-combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
In another bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, melted butter, and the 6 tablespoons of pineapple juice that you kept when you drained the pineapples. Stir together. Spread the crumb mixture evenly over the top of the pineapple mixture.
Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
Notes: To make gluten free, instead of using flour, mix three tablespoons of cornstarch with a half a cup of pineapple juice and mix with sugar; replace Ritz cracker crumbs with crushed Rice Krispies and a dash of salt.
You'll also love
- Crockpot Cream Cheese, Sausage &... 3.5/5 (85 Votes)
- Crab Bombs 3.9/5 (56 Votes)
- Asiago Chicken Pasta with... 3.7/5 (43 Votes)
- Apple Berry Salsa with Cinnamon... 4/5 (32 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Paella 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Uchiko Brussels Sprouts with Lemon... 4.1/5 (30 Votes)
- Pineapple "Coffee" Chicken 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Crunchy Turnip, Apple, and... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)