Sun-Dried Chorizo Garlic Shrimp
With garlic, sherry, sun-dried tomatoes, onions, butter, olive oil, and fresh shrimp, this dish is bursting with flavor & so much goodness!
- 1 1/2 pounds large fresh wild shrimp, shells removed and de-veined (leave tails on for easier eating!)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 ounces dried semi-cured/uncured Spanish chorizo, sliced
- 1 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, drained and rough chopped
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika or hot Hungarian paprika if you like it spicy!
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter (optional)
- Serve with French or sourdough bread
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from tasteandsee.com
Slice chorizo and sauté over medium-high heat for about 1 minute on each side. Remove the meat from the pan and set aside.
Using the same pan, add chopped onions, and ½ teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes then add garlic and sun-dried tomatoes, and continue to cook for one more minute.
Add half of the dry sherry and white wine, all the paprika, and another 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Allow the liquid to come up to a simmer, then add half the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes on each side (the shrimp should be opaque/pink and curled).
Remove the shrimp and set aside. Add the rest of the dry sherry and white wine, return the liquid to a simmer, and repeat the steps to cook the remaining shrimp.
Return the cooked chorizo and all the cooked shrimp to the pan, add 2 tablespoons of butter, and fold together. Let it cook for one more minute, serve warm with French or sourdough bread and garnish with chopped cilantro.
You'll also love
- Avocado Hummus 5/5 (6 Votes)
- Salmon with Yukon Gold Hash Browns 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Roasted Veal Chops with Grapes 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Rollitos de Nopales Rellenos 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Tropical Macadamia Halibut 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Polenta With... 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Creamy Garlic Pasta 4.4/5 (54 Votes)
- Sausage Egg Boats 4.4/5 (51 Votes)
Review this recipe